I have been super busy getting the new membership site finished up so I haven’t been blogging much. But I’ve been creating new recipes for the new site, which I am so excited about. This is one recipe I recently came up with and they are really delicious, at least that is what people tell me – I am still on Intro and eggs so far are not working for me… Here you go, I hope you enjoy the recipe!
MORNING GLORY MUFFINS
Prep + Cook = 45 minutes
* 1/2 cup coconut flour
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, delete for GAPS
* 2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 4 eggs, at room temperature
* 1/3 cup honey
* 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup grated carrots
* 1 cup pineapple, chopped fine
* 1/2 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup walnuts, preferably soaked and dehydrated
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Sift the coconut flour into a medium sized mixing bowl, and then add the baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan, and then combine the eggs, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, grated carrots, and pineapple in another mixing bowl.
3. Fold the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. If dry, add a little more melted oil or water to the mixture. Fold in the walnuts and raisins.
4. Use muffin papers or grease 14-15 muffin tins with coconut oil. Place about 1/4 cup batter into each muffin tin.
5. Bake at 375 for about 20-25 minutes or until muffins are lightly browned, cooked through and a toothpick come out clean when inserted into the middle of a muffin.